It is a link to move in the page.

History

History of the Otsuka Group

Introducing the history of Otsuka Group from its foundation in 1921 to the present.
Visit our interactive timeline and learn more about the events, and business development.

Group History
1921 -
1921
Busaburo Otsuka establishes Otsuka Pharmaceutical
1940
Otsuka Pharmaceutical renamed Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory.
1950
Organic Chemicals Division splits off from Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory to form Otsuka Chemical and Medical Products, Inc.
1961 -
1961
Transport and warehousing division splits off from Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory to become Otsuka Warehouse Co., Ltd.
1963
Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. established.
1964
Separation of sales divisions of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory (excluding four prefectures in Shikoku region) and establishment of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
1969
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory becomes Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc.
1973
Establishment of Thai Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Palo Alto office in the U.S.
1974
Offices established in Spain and Italy.
1981
China Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. established.
1984
Otsuka Chemical and Medical Products, Inc changes name to become Otsuka Chemical Co., Ltd.
1998
Opening of Otsuka Museum of Art.
2001 -
July 8, 2008
Establishment of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd..
July 8, 2008
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings.
October 1, 2008
Otsuka Warehouse Co., Ltd. becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings.
October 31, 2008
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc. becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings.
January 1, 2009
Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings.
July 1, 2009
Otsuka Chemical Co., Ltd. becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings.

History of each company

For more details about the history of each company, please refer to individual company websites.